I am an Approved Clinical Supervisor (ACS) with the BC Association of Clinical Counsellors (RCC-ACS #12132)
Thank you for your interest in starting your clinical supervision journey with me. Below you will find information about how I work, my philosophy when it comes to clinical supervision, and how to get started with me.
Approach to Clinical Supervision and Consultation
I began providing clinical supervision informally under the tutelage of my supervisor and mentor Lorraine Short, MA RCC, Program Manager of the Counselling & Education programs at Langley Community Services Society (LCSS). From 2014 to 2016, I held the same position of Program Manager at LCSS, providing supervision to graduate-level counselling internship students and the Parent Outreach & Education Counsellor. Additionally, from 2018 until the present, I have been employed as the Manager of Counselling Services at Deltassist Family & Community Services Society.
Through my practice, I provide clinical supervision for counsellors/therapists, both new and experienced; individually, in pairs, and in groups. I provide supervision from an emotion-focused and attachment-based perspective and integrate various modalities, including Brainspotting, AEDP and EFFT. Through a collaborative relationship, supervision includes identifying the clinical understanding of the client, processing the relational themes that arise within the therapist-client relationship as well as the supervisor-supervisee relationship, and identifying, and gaining an understanding of the therapist's own internal psychological processes.
Education & Memberships
Supplemental Clinical Training
- A Master of Forensic Psychology (MA) degree from Marymount University, Arlington, VA
- A Bachelor of Arts (BA) degree from the Trinity Western University, Langley, BC
- BC Association of Clinical Counsellors - Registered Clinical Counsellor (#12132)
- Australian Counselling Association - International Member (# IN1485)
- First Nations Health Authority Health (FNHA) Benefits Mental Health Service Provider (#10423-1)